1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Relieved From Service????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowfire1979, Feb 9, 2015.

1. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

So apparently Northwest Companies has relieved us of our Contracts for the Lincoln Harris Bank of America locations in MD. NWC claims they lost the contracts and now they don't have the money to pay us. Sounds like bs but has anyone else heard anything similar?:gunsfiring:
  2. EPM

EPM Member

Good Luck Getting Paid. I've dealt with them before for summer work, took almost a year to receive a fraction of my money.
    They'd be an easy suit to win other than you have to travel to North Carolina to file, and they threaten counter suit because you somehow breached contract with them.
    My suggestion would be to either have your attorney deal with them or send it to collections and plan on recovering about 20% far, far down the road.
    I used TCS Corp for collections with them.
    Jim Zimani
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  3. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

I am in the air about the route i will take, i think a lawyer is probably due, they offered 1/4 of what they owe not to sue so they know they are in the wrong. Just curious if anyone has heard that they lost the LH accounts or if that's just a ******** ploy to try to not pay me. I may call their bluff on this one.
  4. EPM

EPM Member

They claimed the same "lost the account, didn't get paid" B.S. with me on a different national restaurant chain. Unfortunately the attorney isn't going to be able to do much other than threaten and write letters unless you'd like to pay him to head to North Carolina to file suit.
  5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If you are crazy enough to work for ANY national or regional service co.....you deserve what you get.
  6. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

I agree with this as well, but for years have not really had any issues, up until this little event....
  7. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry you are getting screwed, but at the risk of sounding cold, I agree with BF's comment above. The sooner WE ALL quit working for them, the sooner they will go out of business and the sooner things will return to dealing one on one with the on-site managers, AS IT SHOULD BE. SCREW THE NSP's, cause you know they're gonna screw you.
  8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck getting rid of NSP's. As long as there are national industries that need lawn/landscape and snow/ice services, the NSP's will be around.
  9. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I know a friend that is a building contractor, he sued the home owner for non payment of $380,000. Cost him 2 years in court and $300,000 in legal fees. He won 3 years ago and still has not gotten a dime. Now of course I do not how much they owe you but take a look at what it will cost you to Try and get anything out of them. Or take the 1/4 and never work for ONE again. They call me but I will not do it. I will only contract with the owner. There will always be the lowballer that will work for them so I they will not go away, but we can try. :)
  10. derekslawncare

Yeah, I consulted an attorney several years ago about a general contractor that stiffed me for some work at a residential development, and was given this advice: He walked over to a file cabinet in his office, pulled out a sheet of paper and said, "see this? This is a judgement for a million dollars that I got another customer of mine 3 years ago. Know how much he collected on it? $0.00." His point was this, just because you go to court and win, doesn't mean you get paid, you just get a "judgement" which is a piece of paper saying that they owe you money. Problem is, is that the scumbags that pull this crap on people like us all know how the "game" works better than we do. Sooooo, when you get the judgement against them, then you have to go to their bank with that piece of paper and show it to them. And IFFFFF there is any money in their account, the bank has to pay you up to the amount of your judgement.

The problem arises when (going back to they know how to play better than we do) they find out you have a judgement, they close the account that they have paid you from in the past and switch banks, then you have to find out what bank they are at and try again. Also, another trick they do is put someone else' name on the account, (girlfriend, wife, new partner) so if your judgement is against John Doe and the new account is John and Jill Doe, no luck. Can't get it because your judgement isn't against both. Like I said, it's a game and they know how to play. It will almost always cost you more in time and money trying to get paid than what they owe you and they bank on you giving up at some point and they win.

So just like in the movie War Games, the "only way to win...... is not to play." JMO. :nono:
  11. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Would you like to play tic tac toe?

Really sounds like a no pay tactic.
  12. derekslawncare

How about a game of Global pay me what you owe me or I'll blow up your building Thermonuclear War. LOL
  13. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Was driving on the Long island Expressway the other day and coming the other way were 18 (freakin 18) GLOBAL white trucks all with BOSS plows. How do you fight that when they lay out 100 trucks at a time and get low-ballers for $25/hour to drive them!
  14. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Put a lein on each property. Then you will know pretty quickly if the NSP got paid.
  15. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Took the words out of my mouth. That will get you the info quick. You start whipping leins on property's, all of a sudden the who got paid gets real clear.