1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reliable, trust worthy, honest employees, knowledgeable

Discussion in 'Employment' started by On a Call, Feb 28, 2015.

1. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

How and where do you find them ??

I have had a bad string of employees as of late.

stupid ( twice running into pallets of fert breaking open bags and denighing it was him when he was the only one in there. Liar and dumb )

lets see...that is about the list. I have been doing this for 36 years. Never had too many problems finding good help. But in the last two years wow what a bunch.

So my question is this. Where and how do you find reliable help.

I am really to ready to let all of them go and start fresh.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully you'll find guys through posting here
  3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe try the local VFW. They might be able to put you in touch with a vet that just came home and isn't employed anywhere. I think a guy just getting out of the military would be great. They're used to working hard, used to crap hours, can follow instructions, responsible and you could feel good about putting a vet to work and giving him a "leg up" when he needs one the most. Just a thought.
  4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Agreed with hooking up with a vet. I have been fortunate to have friends that need jobs and it has worked for the most part. But I definitely would consider someone just coming out of the army as they usually are the ones with honesty and respect our work can seem like nothing to them
  5. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Thank you !

I would love to have a vet on staff
  6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I will work for you.....Is it a Union Wage with Union Heathcare and a Pension????....Oh wait all Union workers are useless according to some.....:laughing:

Good Luck with your search.....:salute:
  7. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

They're not ALL useless, but very few are worth what they cost.
  8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to far for me to commute!...
  9. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Too bad I am paying 145.00 an hour.