1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Releasing Hydraulic Quick Disconnect

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wsmm, Feb 25, 2011.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

My plow is at full left angle, do to "C" valve going bad. Was able to release the disconnect on the pump unit for the collapsed angle ram. Problem is with the extended cylinder, the quick disconnect doesn't want to release so that I can take the hose off. Other than removing the fitting off of the cylinder by unbolting it, is there an easy way to get the fitting to release. I going to pin the blade until my new "C" valve comes in and then hook up the angle system again.

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Vise grips on the slider...then tap them (the vise grips) with a hammer in the direction of release. If you're talking about a ball valve on the male end cover with a rag and smack it with a hammer, female end rag, punch, hammer. I fix alot of stuff with the hammer (pent up aggression.) Wear your safety goggles.HTH

Deja- Vu
  3. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

losen cross over releife valve
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Easiest way is to bump the right side of the plow against a solid object (tree, neighbors car, etc) once or twice to force a little pressure from the extended ram. Coupler will pop right apart then.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

HA so will your neighbour.