1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Relay question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 496 BB, Sep 16, 2011.

1. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Im sure this is stupid and for the time being Im having a brain fart. Im converting from a cable pump to electronic pump. Im in the process of making my wiring harness and have a question. I have the Boss Trombetta relay. I know the jumper that was on there before has to come out. I got that. I also realize that the activation wire that was on there for the cable joystick is now the activation wire for the little joystick handheld I have now (6 pin white connector). So do I just leave that wire on the little stud on the relay? Now do I just leave the other small terminal empty or am I missing something? I have ground and power on big studs.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

NOOOOOO big stud one to batterie one to pump

small studs one to controller to run pump one to ground
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I hope you dont have any grounds on any of the large studs or you have it wired wrong. Instant and direct short the first time you activate the relay.

The second small stud gets a ground.
  4. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Sorry thats what I meant. I meant ground straight to battery. Its been a long ass week.

So it doesnt matter which small stud gets a ground?
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes sir either one is fine. As long as one has 12v activation and the other has ground the relay will function.