1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

relay part number??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by crazyhickboy03, Oct 15, 2013.

1. crazyhickboy03

crazyhickboy03 Junior Member

This might be a dumb question but here we go... so I am having a head light high beam issue, traced it out and seems the relay bad. I am in the middle of doing this project and don't want to wait to get them.

Is this something I can just go to like advanced auto or napa? I didn't know if Western had any kind of "special" relay. I am thinking the way there routed on my truck I was going to replace all of them so I am good for awhile.

The wiring is on a 2003 Chevy 2500HD. Thanks!!!
  2. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

There are a few relays that look the same but are not. I have gotten them at NAPA in a pinch. Make sure they are rated for twelve volt system and that the posts are in the same location. If these two things are correct, you should be OK. FYI the HINIKER relays are the same as Western if you have access to any of those.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

They are just 5 pin relays. But make sure they have an 87a center pin.
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, they are normal 30 or 40 amp headlight relays. should be available in auto parts stores.