1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reinstall tow hooks? and use them?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vanthr01, Feb 24, 2014.

1. vanthr01

vanthr01 Junior Member
    from WI

Just had the Western MVP Plus installed on my '14 Ram 2500 and looks good! As part of the install, they had to remove the tow hooks. Looking for some help explaining how the plow mount is attached to vehicle. The guys put the tow hooks back on after I asked them to, but should they no longer be used? Did I lose some reinforcement behind it because of the plow mount? Thanks in advance.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

When we install a plow on a dodge there r two plates on each side that must b removed to make space for the plow mount. Removing them effectively cuts the strength securing the hooks to the frame by half. Putting the hooks back on with a plow mount is not recommended but as long as you r aware that u can't b pulling hard on them it's not a big deal. Just b prepared to buy a new bumper and have your frame straightened if u do.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. vanthr01

vanthr01 Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks for the quick response!

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Pictures of the new equipment Mister or it didn't happen!!! :)

5. vanthr01

vanthr01 Junior Member
    from WI

Of course! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JustJeff

Very nice equipment. Is there a reason why you went with the flat-top vs. the 3?

7. vanthr01

vanthr01 Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks! Now just need some snow to play with :)

I don't plow commercially, just my long country driveway, so had to cut it off somewhere which is why I didn't splurge the few extra bucks for the 3.

8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Silly Dodges.

9. JustJeff

Sawboy you wouldn't know what to do with all the torque those Ram's have!!! :)

10. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah.....ok. :laughing: