1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

reinforcing a-frame

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by slade, Mar 17, 2008.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

I have a new 810 and I have heard a lot about the newer a-frames getting bent easily, so I was thinking about reinforcing it before it becomes a problem. I could use a little insight from you guys that have had some problems with them, where exactly does it need to be stronger? Where should I reinforce it? Thanks

2. slade

slade Senior Member

Anybody??? Another idea I had was buying an older a-frame that was built heavier. Would it bolt right up so to speak or did they change something else on them besides the thickness of the metal??? Thanks

3. lubricity

lubricity Member

Just angle iron it on ALL sides. The side rails as well as the center piece. Since our first one bent on the center section. While the sencond one was mostly on the side rails and the welds were bad. We are still waiting for the replacement. (4 weeks) and a year for a wire harness.

Patience:yow!:

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

How are you waiting a year for a wiring harness? I have ordered parts and even a wiring harness and had them in 2 days.

5. lubricity

lubricity Member

How? Place the order and wait. Buy other things since then. But no Harness.

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

What harness do you need?

7. lubricity

lubricity Member

Picked up the new "A" frame. It seems lighter than the last one. $700 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This will be a yearly replacement. Since they wanted the old one to evauate. All the welds were broke, which lead to the center piece twisting. About 1 1/2 months old, 3 small storms. If Blizzard doesn't refund us our money, They can stick their plows up you know where. That "A" frame is much too thin to support that plow.