1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Regular Maintenance Items

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by jonathan, Dec 9, 2009.

1. jonathan

jonathan Junior Member
    from BC

What kind of extra regular maintenance is needed when plowing with an atv?

2. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

Nothing out of the ordinary. I always do engine oil and filter, front and rear diff, transfer-case, spark plug, and clean the air filter (I have a K&N, so there is no need to replace.) I always clean the battery terminals, check the air pressure in the tires, I actually keep them a little bit lower. I use WD-40 on external moving parts, and bolts as well.

I have a '99 fourtrax, that I bought new in 99 and have plowed with every year since then. I have never had to do anything else (knock on wood) maintenance wise.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Just make sure you greese it if you have greese fittings.

4. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

If using an belt drive ATV it pays to inspect the clutches every year, rebuild when necessary.

On my P360 I had worn the drive clutch to the point it couldn't be rebuilt therefore had to buy new. In my situation I push then back up so every push fully cycles the clutch, sometimes a couple times a minute. This causes a lot of extra wear on the clutch.