1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

regular duty or light duty plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jgsxr750, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

i planning on plowing acouple of driveways next winter. i was wondering if anyone could give me an answer on which is a better plow for my truck. it is a 05 1500 crew cab ( chevy silverado) . the question is regular duty or light duty. 7'-6" . i'm a recently new member and just wanted to say this sight is great. Alot of helpful information from everyone.
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It all depends on what you are planning on doing. If you really are going to be doing a few drives, than the LD would be fine for you. I am pretty sure that your truck could take either one of the plows, but the crew cab adds a lot of weight toward the front of the truck. Might be your best bet just to stick with the LD. That is what I have and I have not had a problem with it yet. Plowed 17" of powder and hardly went over the moldboard!:drinkup:
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'd go with the Regular Duty without a doubt, but just be sure to add proper ballast in the rear, and possibly do Timbrens in the front. Cranking the torsion bars might not be a bad idea either.
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah, sounds like you want to start into business (your drive and a couple of others) so I would suggest following Chevy's and Fisher's ballast requirements and doing a RD series. The LD is fine for home use only, but will not hold up if you plan on making $$ plowing.
  5. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

Thanks guy for your in-put. I was planning to try and make some $$$$ with the plow. Besides doing my own driveway. Without a doubt i was going to add timbrens in the front . They are on order and due in a couple of days.