1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Regarding Ole Jim

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EPACF, Jan 13, 2005.

1. EPACF

EPACF Junior Member

Ok, here goes, at the risk of getting myself banned or some such foolishness.

I recently moved to Maine, not far from where Jim is. He has been emailing back and forth with me, callled me on the phone, and has generally done a lot to make me feel welcome here. This is someone who, due to circumstances at home, has a lot on his plate, and yet he takes the time to post on this site. Perhaps rather than complaining about his formatting we should all try to learn something from his experience.

Also, as to those who make comments about his expertise, he is an on call plow driver for his town, and I imagine Jim has pushed more snow than many of the rest of you put together.

IN OTHER WORDS, SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR ELDERS!!!!!!!!!!

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Amen!

Must be jealousy.

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I would think that ole jim has emptied more snow out of his boots than you have plowed. DITTO.

4. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Thats how I was raised and it's nice to see some other were to.

5. millratf250

millratf250 Member

yep :) yep :salute:

6. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Losing my grandfathers in my teens sucked. I know I was lucky to have them that long but they both died before I was old enough to learn from them. I try to live life with out regrets but that is one that i live with. So when Ole Jim first posted I knew that I'd like him. I knew I'd listen to him. say what you want about education, there is no school that teaches you 70 years of experience Rock on Ole Jim. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

EPACF,
    I agree. I enjoy reading Ole Jim's posts and you can tell he has been around the block a few times behind a plow. It's amazing that some people can't just simply overlook a spelling error or whatever. As far as his posts and the way they look...well, someone pointed out that he could be using a WebTV type thing that makes his posts look like they do. But who cares!! Even if he or anyone for that matter typed that way, big deal. I think Jim mentioned he was 71 or 73 years old. If that's the case, I don't know of many people in that age group that want anything to do with a computer. So tell Ole Jim to keep posting. He's got my respect.

Buck

8. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Olé, Olé, Olé!!! I feel the same as Snowinjoe. I've learn a lot from Ole Jim in just a few days. As we would say. Tu si que vales!(you rock) :salute:

9. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Roger That!!

10. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds good. It is sort of fun to try and figure out what he is saying. Usually not that hard to do.

11. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Jim, maybe all the praise is getting old but i must say that i enjoy reading all your posts and love the stories. You are willing to talk to anyone about anything they ask you about either on plowsite or through E-Mails, its nice to see someone as compassionate as you. Iam fortunate to still have a grandfather who is 78 years old, i learn so much from him, he has a truck and still plows. Hes been plowing since the 1940's, plowed for the City of Boston until 1992. He is great to talk to, he used to be a plumber, he worked in many of the big buildings in Boston. Hes old school, set in his ways and people his and your age in general are our only living link to the past and that won't last forever!

Hope all is well with your wife Jim :waving:

12. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

This is actually my first post on this site, but I've been visiting here for a few months. I wanted to add my $.02 to this one.

I couldn't agree more about Ole Jim. I like his posts! When I read them, I can almost hear it in my head. What I mean by that is: there is a lot of expression in his words and style.

Keep on postin', Jim! :salute:
    Your good attitude and years of experience are a great benefit for me, and I'm sure, many others.

13. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

Insantiy is usually only recognized as genius after death. However, I think we can all agree, Ole Jim is both entertaining, and informative. I also enjoy decyphering his posts, well worth the nuggets that come out of them.

Kevin

14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

From what I understand, the reason why Jim's posts look so "unique" is because he uses web tv. I guess they have some different format than regular pooters like we use. In regards to Jim, I find him very knowledgeable and kind. I've got his back any day. :nod:

15. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Ole Jim

I have not posted much this season,but i have read most all of Jim's post's,and i personally want to let Ole Jim know I wish his wife a speedy recovery and wish Jim the best.If he ever needed anything,i will help him out in any way he needs(although i would imagine that someone of his fortitude would never ask--but if he did i am here.).He is old school and i really do miss that.I do not care how his post's look--the writing and advice in them is worth a ton.If you dont like the post's from him just continue to read the other trillion post's on this site.Jim and everyone else on this thread, :waving: and :drinkup:

16. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Im with you guys.
    Ole Jim has a wealth of knowledge to share and people should not only respect him but value his input...
    I support ya Sir. :waving:

Jason

17. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Im with ya all. Ole Jim Rocks!!! The best knowledge comes from experience , which he has plenty of and is willing to share. Best wishes for you and your family Ole Jim..

18. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

And he's sort of a celebrity among us. His own thread to discuss just HIM. I've never had a thread started just to discuss me!...

I like reading ole jim's posts too. He's able to write them exactly as he talks. I can read the inflection in his voice, and imagine actually hearing the words.

He's one of the few people here that I instantly take his advice as gospel. If ole jim says it....its gotta be true.

Glen

19. new2it

new2it Member

I do a lot of trolling here and not a lot of posting (not a lot of experience). As with everyone else who posted on this so far, I to enjoy Jim's posts. They are informative, genuine answers based on many years of experience. And aside from that, I have a much easier time deciphering his posts than some others. Aside from formating errors, all the writing is perfectly understandable. Thanks for your input Ole Jim and keep 'em coming. Rock on Jim and prayers for you and your wife!

20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

to ole Jim :drinkup: :drinkup:

who cares if any one can spell all of there words correctly or use grammar ,this not an English class.... it's Plowsite,
    It sounds like you have plowed around the block a couple of times...
    so keep up the good work...