1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Refurbed Pumps

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wak, Nov 30, 2005.

1. wak

wak Junior Member

Does anyone know where I can find a refurbed or rebuilt Western Pump- Mark III? Mine is going...... and I can't afford a new one yet.
  2. genrock

genrock Member

Unfortunately the market is so small that I dont think you will find a place that sells rebuilds. www.westernplows.com click on distributor directory and choose your state to find a dealer near you or you may check on ebay but most things sold there end up being more then what they are new after shipping.

What makes you think its the pump anyhow is the pressure down and if so is the motor running fast enough or is it dragging. Could be the motor and not the pump at all. Depending on how old your probably right though it probably is the pump. Is the screen clean.

Unfortunately winter only comes once a year and plows and parts are like motorcycles very expensive and hard to find.
  3. wak

wak Junior Member

Thanks for the advise. I was looking for a backup pump really. My pump is still working, but I am worried about it. I am going to look into a new one soon.
  4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

there is a guy down here in Scranton, PA who has all kind of old school parts.. Tiny's Snowplows his # is 570-346-9625. Give him a call. I'm not sure if he ships....but might be worth a call. He's only a few blocks from my house so if i can help ya out....let me know.. Jason.:drinkup:
  5. 78W200

78W200 Member

I get a magazine from a place that sells them it is called J Thomas they have stuff for a makes of plows. Their web address is www.j-thomas.com
  6. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

:) try central parts warehouse