1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Refund or Not?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 042500hd, Jan 30, 2005.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Just got a call from one of my customers who says she isn't happy with the service. This is a small driveway 2 cars wide and maybe 30ft long. The problem for me is there's always 2 trucks in it side by side and often times there is a third. She wanted to be cleared by 5:30am no problem I tell her as she only about 5min. from my house. However everytime I go there the cars prohibit me from plowing, the street is so narrow I can't even get in to back drag the area where no cars are parked. So I explained this to her, then she complained the times I had plowed were after 5:30am. That's because on my way back home after completing my route I check her driveway again and, if I'm able to I plow. The other issue is her tenants shoveling you can't plow what isn't there. Her suggestion is that I call when I get there so they can move the trucks I tell her that is not an option I have a schedule to keep. I'm not going to call her in the middle of the night and wake her up to move her truck. Anyhow now she'd like a refund I was thinking of giving her a refund minus $20 for each time I plowed. Before I send out a refund though I wanted to get the thoughts from you guys. Should I send out a refund or hold her to the contract, keep in mind that I don't have any clause for cars in the way or anything like that.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

REfund, If they paid for the season I would pro rate it, and refund the rest.
    you should be paid for the service you provided. payup
    Thats my take on it... good luck!
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Our season in Toronto runs from Nov. 15 to April 15. Tomorrow is exactly 1/2 way through the season. If you feel you should let her out of the contract or no longer want to do the property then I would give her 1/2 her money back. Somethimes getting rid of these PITA customers is better then making a couple of extra bucks. First year customers are the hardest to please.
  4. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

Ditch the *****. She's not worth the trouble.
  5. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

I agree with SnoFarmer take your pay and get out. Give her whats hers and find two to replace her with.
  6. ak_fleming

ak_fleming Junior Member

I would pro rate for the work done. If she wants a full refund I'd put the snow already removed back in the drive.
  7. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

That was exactly what I was thinking, I'm going to take $20 for each time I plowed off the season price, and give her the rest. I agree a PITA like this is better off gone than making a couple bucks. Thanks again for the input guys.
  8. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

If there are cars in there why don't you just get out of your truck and shovel it. If its only 2 cars wide and 30' long with three cars in it, should only take about 5 minutes top to shovel it. We do res. drives that have cars in them that we shovel around or just as easy to shovel the whole thing. Sometimes its just as quick or quicker to do it this way.