1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Redneck plow lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by starspangled6.0, Apr 19, 2014.

1. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

I've seen this truck around town all winter... just couldn't resist snapping a pic today.

2014-04-19 19.12.08.jpg

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Ah..thats the BS Special light package, only available to owners of Dodges with "Western" plows in Kalamazoo.

3. starspangled6.0

You think I can find a local dealer to whip up a setup like that???

4. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Wow that is pretty creative. Wonder why he didnt just use some big zip ties. Or even some cement puddy.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

We have a guy running around here with a similar setup. His is also a western but the drivers side light is hanging down and aimed at the back of the plow. It's been that way all winter long, smh

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I like the blurry photo effect. Gives it the "I spotted bigfoot look" or the loch ness monster!

7. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Many guys do that around here... IM not sure how they work with broken crappy plow lights.

8. starspangled6.0

Haha well it was at the guys house so I had to dash up and snap a pic before he came out and started a fight!

9. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

When did BS get a poly blade ? :laughing:

10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I had a bungee around one for the end of a season a few years back, shattered the plow housing on a violent trip, had to finish the night and a bungee was all I had. There was only a few weeks left to that crappy season so I left it til summer to fix! lmao

11. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

That's what I'm doing now. I can't decide if I want to keep the plow or not. 13 years and I never broke a light. Then both fell out of the housing the same storm

12. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

can he even see where he is going at night?

13. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Just take the lights off..