1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Redline,Vars,Ont---Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BlackIrish, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

If it wan't for bad luck I'd have none at all.

After 8 WEEKS of bs promises and very little work, this is what I'm left with.

Truck is not useable.

$2600 invoice all labor??, I had to supply parts because garage couldn't, parts are still not installed nor is truck back together. :yow!:

IMG_0546-1.JPG

IMG_0532-1.JPG

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Wtf???????????????????????????????

Who did you piss off????

Put a torch to it and call it a day.

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Holy crap, I see a law suit in that! Thats ridiculous. I would be one pissed off ************ if someone did that to my truck!

4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I'm hoping that the judge sees it the same way.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

It must have been the building inspector of your salt shed that did that!

Jk, I really hope you get heavily favored in court for this, I don't know if it was covered in another thread but what did the truck go in for in the first place? That is unbelievable!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WOW :eek: what a MESS! I'd be taking whoever did that to my truck to court pronto!

7. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Oh man..... tell me thats not your 2009! What the hell were they trying to do??

8. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

That is/was my 99 salt truck.
    If it was my 09 someone would be 6ft under.

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Too bad theres no Mike Holmes for truck mechanics.

Google Redline Vars, Ontario. LOL

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You still haven't said what was wrong with it or why they did what they did or what they were trying to accomplish

11. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

It went in for a loss of power in drive and fluctuating rpm at idle in mid-SEPT.
    I tried to get it back 3 days after I dropped it off, but I listened to all his false promises.
    I shoulda known better. I'd been dealing with him for 2.5 yrs , never again tho ,and he's a tenant of mine to boot. :dizzy: :dizzy:

12. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

i'd bet B&B could fix it :drinkup:

13. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

WOW, just WOW, and did he have an explanation?, i hope so i would love a good laugh

14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WHY would ANYONE do that to fix a fluctuation of power issue? I'd hate to see the engine compartment!

15. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

is the vin# still in it?

16. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

I ain't the brightest bulb in the tree some days, but I would've moved on 2.48 yers ago.

17. nekos

nekos Senior Member

That aint nothing a little Duct tape couldn't fix.:dizzy:

On a more serious note, Holly crap !!!!

You might be able to get the truck declared totaled and take him to court for the full amount of the truck. You have a better chance of getting whats owed to you in a civil lawsuit ( I think that's what it's called) as apposed to a small claims lawsuit.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for makinng me laugh this morning.
    It's a Ford so I doubt it. On a serious note I really can't beleive that somebody gave you your truck back like that, I'd be pissed. He had no clue what he was doing and should be shot. Finding someone to fix his mess will be a reaql chalange now. Good Luck

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Take it to a Ford dealership and have them fix it and have the bill sent to the guy :D

20. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Heck Paul its because I know you, cause that is just unbelievable. Bring it to a dealer and it would cost more than the truck is worth. Get some estimates, if someone is willing to give you one, and sue his a$$. Goodluck with that.
    PS looking forward to doing lunch this week.