1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red wire on control harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by liftedgmc05, Jan 29, 2012.

1. liftedgmc05

liftedgmc05 Junior Member

Just wondering where the red wire on the vehicle controlharness goes? It says to put it to a switched accessory lead??? Can it just be plugged into the fuse panel on the drivers side oftge truck??

2. Be sure to connect it to keyed power. If you don't you could find yourself with a dead battery if the plow is on the truck for more than a couple of days.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I like to use the cruise control circuit (if equipped), you'll probably never overload it because I've yet to meet anyone who plows with the cruise control on.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is connected to the cruise control.I have an inline fuse connected to my power lead the one pictured below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. liftedgmc05

liftedgmc05 Junior Member

I couldn't see the pictures but my truck doesn't have cruise control either

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

radio fuse will work