1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red wire for control???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FisherXblade, Dec 6, 2013.

1. FisherXblade

FisherXblade Junior Member

Hey guys I am almost done installing my wiring harness I just need to figure out which wire in my truck I splice the red accessary wire into. I have an 04 chevy silverado 2500hd and a 3 port 3 plug wiring harness. Thanks, Will.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

The red wire in the cab on the control harness goes to a switched ignition source. Most of us just tap into the fuse box.

3. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Correctomendo! the red whire in the cab should be spliced into the wire behind your dash that goes to the ignition switch. this is so the controller won't be powered on after u shut the truck off.

4. FisherXblade

Thanks guys so far I am at that point but I am trying to find that wire. How do I know which one of the 500 different wires under there is for the ignition?

5. kimber750

Go to the fuse box, have ignition off. check for fuse with no power. Once you find that fuse turn ignition on and see if you have power. Use fuse tap to attach the wire. Radio fuse is usually a switched circuit.

6. FisherXblade

alright thanks guess im running out to the autoparts store ill let you guys know if theres any problems thanks again!

7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Get a fuse tape and tap it into the 10 amp cruise control fuse on the side of the dash fuse box, you will never be plowing with the cruise control on (I Hope) so you don't have to worry about over loading it and blowing it. It's also an ignition activated circuit.

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Install an inline fuse attached to the power wire

9. kimber750

This is what I use, they make them for all style fuses.

ejevu5eq.jpg

10. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

Where did you find that style of tap?

11. alcoman50

alcoman50 Senior Member

I have seen them at PepBoys, Advance, NAPA. Add a Fuse is the name brand.

12. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

I found them on EBay and ordered some to just have on hand.