1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red, White and Blue....Ready for Action

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dlstelma, Nov 25, 2011.

1. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

Well, no white, yet...but, very soon.
  2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Very nive! Want to sell....jk
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice looking truck !
  4. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

thanks. just purchased a couple of months ago. first time diesel owner....so far so good.
  5. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

What year is this? This is the exact truck that I am looking for. Do you mind saying how many miles on it and how much you paid?

6. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good!
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

get 1500lbs in the bed asap..it will ride like a caddy.
  8. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

2005 w/ snow plow prep, 70k miles, like new condition inside and out.....paid too much! I paid the same amount for this 7 year old truck as I did for my brand new 98. It was used as a daily driver. Never used for plowing or towing (no marks on the hitch, no trailer brake). The previous owner traded it in for a HD Denali. I bought it at the dealer he traded it in. Since I've owned it, I've added the snow plow, tinted the windows, switched out the 245 tires with 265's, switched out the alum, lockable fuel lid with the stock painted lid (he kept it in case the next owner wanted it), and had it undercoated.
  9. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Effin' Gorgeous truck

ussmileyflag Thumbs Up: salute:
  10. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Looks really good. I can't wait to get mine hooked up. I have had my diesel for about 3 months now and love it. Getting 18-19 mpg is great. :)
  11. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

mossman, i've been following your thread....impressed with your "projects" and the latest with the transfer case. the dually is looking good, as well. what was the reason for going with the dually-diesel? your other truck was a 6L gas, correct? I recently sold my 454 (to a forum member....can't wait to see what he does with it) and the diesel fuel mileage is definitely putting a smile on my face, too. i'm not getting 18-19, but anything is better than 12-13mpg i was getting before. disappointed with the cost of diesel right now, though.
  12. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Thanks man. I went with the dually diesel to pull my camper I am currently building. My old 08 was a 6.0 gas. Had good power but all I could get out of it was 10-11mpg. I don't run the highway much. The LB7's get awesome mileage. My dads 04 LB7 is getting a little over 18mpg but he hauls a ton of stuff the bed of his truck all the time. Diesel should be about the same as gas. Not sure why it is over $4 right now.
  13. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice truck and plow, my favorite combo Western/GM
  14. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

good looking duramax
  15. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Nice truck