1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red warning light on E57 diamond plow controler

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by Batzaman, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Batzaman

Batzaman Junior Member

I have been getting a red warning light on my controller off and on for the last month. It was lighting at first when I angled left. Then it was any time. Now it is doing it all the time to a point that I cannot operate the plow at all. I took the plow off the plug in, and just operated the plow without the plow hooked up, and I still get a red light. The solenoid does operate sometimes, and not other times. Checked the wiring and grounds, and all seemed good. Checked the big plug at the front of the truck that attaches the plow to the system and other than just minor corrosion, it was fine. I thought it may be the controller, which I tried to test but can't because it is electronic and not machanical. I bought another one in hopes that it was the controller, but it did the same thing. Does anyone out here have any ideas? In looking at other posts in this forum, I saw that the A coil was mentioned, but this would not matter in my case when the plow is not connected to the truck it still is doing the same thing as when it is connected. Thanks in advance for any tricks or ideas.