1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red sled (with a 400ci chevy)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sno king, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sno king

sno king Junior Member

My new truck i got it for cheep cheep cheep and when i saw it i fell in love

k20 bitches.JPG
  2. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

looks nice really clean. Gotta love the older chevys. What year engine ect? Also any more pics
  3. sno king

sno king Junior Member

Its a 1986 its got a 400ci chevy with headers a medium cam edelbrock intake and a 4 barrel. its got a 7.5 foot western no quick mount:( but ill live its also got a turbo 400 tranny
  4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

That is one sweet chevy. You're gonna plow in style now. :drinkup:
  5. sno king

sno king Junior Member

more pics

400 ci man i tell u its deff got kahunas

red  sled engine.JPG
  6. sno king

sno king Junior Member

plow and sander

Its got a buyers sander which i hate with a passion....anyone want 2 buy it....im thinking stainless vbox

red sled int.JPG
  7. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

what year is the engine. its definitely not original since the last time they put them in a truck was 80.
  8. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Congrats. I believe I saw that truck on Ebay. Is that where you found it at?

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i am drooling, nothing like a clean 73-87 chevy. i could swear i saw that truck on ebay also, first thought that came to mind when i saw that pic. what did you end up getting it for?
  10. sno king

sno king Junior Member

the engine isint original

The engine isint original, it orignaally had a 305 but it was replaced with a crate engine a few years back. It only has 57.000 on the truck. no bondo no replacement panels. i belive it was listed on ebay but i bought it outwight from an older man. He said it had allways been his baby and he hates 2 see it go but him and his wife are moing into a retirement home and only 1 vehicle allowed. He never used that sander on the truck yet, because it has nor 3' reciver on the back and he didnt use the plow 1 time this year. I am very happy with it.
  11. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Ever need extra hubs for that lmk I have still in the package B&M kit from my old girl it was a 79 shorty with 427 and it was made for the mud...Man I miss that rig :cry:
  12. sno king

sno king Junior Member

f-150 face off

today i was at the gas station with this truck filling up an 86 f-150 was filling up across from me and we were talking smack and he goes "yea i probally eat one of those up a week'" so after he pulled out i did about 30 seconds later and i got on the highway and he was doing about 65 in the rightlane so just to tease him i went bay at a bout 70-75 and he layed in it. I saw that coming and let him come up to me matching my speed to his. at about 88-90 i head his trucks rev limiter kick in and thats when i left him in the dust. I saw him later that day and i grinned at him and he grinned back and put his arms in the air.....cant wait 2 see him at mobil again
  13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

:jester: 90mph and his rev limiter kicked in.

Mine doesn't kick in until 120mph stock. Man talk about a rush:D . Don't tell anyone I did that though;)
  14. sno king

sno king Junior Member

should i get a different plow? i think the frame in the front takes away from its sex appeal. can that truck take a 8 footer?
  15. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Keep it the way it is--Go out and make some money first!!! I like the red plow on it! Had a 79 1/2 ton with a stock 400-- was nike but a little tame!
  16. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

I think a superduty's kicks in at '98. a buddy has a 2003 6 litre that i blew past with my '95 7.3 when he hit the speed limiter. mabey you have a chip? -Phillip
  17. Hercules130

Hercules130 Junior Member

that is one beautiful truck. you gotta love those old guys that leave there trucks in the garage year round.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You said you got it CHEAP CHEAP, how cheap if you don't mind me asking ??

19. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

If I'm not mistaking I think I seen this truck on ebay
  20. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that truck will definetly take an 8' plow