1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red plow Switch box light won't turn on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RonWin, Dec 3, 2014.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Plow hooked Up and plow lights are on but the switch box indicator light won't turn on. This happened to me once before the first time i hooked it up this season to plow. In that situation I just firmly pressed the connectors together after blowing the connectors out. I am going to assume that grease would fix this issue? Atlas that's what filled the holes when it was new. What type of , grease?, do I need ?

2. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

just read up on it, im seeing that its dielectric grease to use? Just want to make sure. ALSO, is it safe to spray in some fluid film/wd-40 into the female connector and onto the male connector pins to eliminate and small amounts of rust or?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Dielectric grease. Clean contacts well before applying the grease.

4. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

so fluid film should be ok then?

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I don't know, is it designed to conduct electricity? Tube of dielectric is only few bucks at local auto parts store. But if you have rust on the pins I don't think any type of grease will help without cleaning everything first.