1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red Paint??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Oct 20, 2007.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

What do you guys do when it comes to touching up spots on the blade?? I think boss has some but imagine it's $$$. Maybe not though???
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why paint over it. Every scratch tells a story.:D
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree with GV

I only touch up ours every other year or so if it needs it then I paint the whole plow.

Rust-oleum , gloss sunrise red then cover with clear coat.
    a close match.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definatelt use a clear coat. Helps to keep snow from sticking.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Old IH red is what we use for paint.
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I bought the red paint that boss puts in the can from CPW and it wasnt much, maybe 5 bucks? i dont remember but its definately the last can im buying. Its not even close to matching. either that or my plow that is a half season old and stored indoors has faded miserbly. It never looked bad until i painted over the scratches. I was just trying to keep it from rusting.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you want to touch up scratches, just use a small artist's brush and a red rust paint. I'm with Grandview though every scratch tells a story, When I was younger I was a little fussier and always fixed the scratches.