1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

red oak landscaping pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by turfman15, Jan 11, 2009.

1. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

here are some from plowing at my parents house today. we got about 6" of the fluffy snow.

2. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

here is a steep drive that i do. it actually isn't that hard to due. and cleans up really well.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

thats a steep one for sure, do you back blade it? and are you missing one turkey wing on purpose?
  4. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

yes they are removable. i take that one off so i can throw over the bank. yes i back drag that steep one. i back right through the snow never really had a problem. been plowing it for many years.
  5. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

luckily its steep doing downhill...i do an apartment building with an underground garage that is about that steep, maybe a little steeper but it is going down into the garage. scares me to death everytime, take my time drivin down to the bottom of that thing to back drag it, just inch down it. havent had any ice on it yet not takin any chances.
  6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

how you you like the back blade
  7. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

will never plow with out it. it is so versatile. from backdraging garages to doing inside circle drives. it works awesome.. it scrapes clean with down pressure.
  8. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Can you put down pressure on your backblade?
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, looking foward to more pics.
  10. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

yes it has downpressure. will lift up the back of the truck.
  11. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Where'd you get it, what model, cost, etc? Hope you dont mind me asking. I do way too much back dragging and circle stuff.
  12. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 Junior Member
    from Indiana

How do you plow with a backblade? I've never done it nor seen one used. Do you go backwards or forwards, drag or push? Just curious.
  13. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Their a "pull plow". You back up, drop the back one and the front, Watch Select Service's videos. Thats my dream set up! Haha
  14. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

that is my dream setup too
  15. turfman15

turfman15 Senior Member

i don't exactly know what it cost. it came with my other truck, which is now a backup truck so i put it on this one. it is a daniels pull plow. do a google search and you should find more info on it. they are great.
  16. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

Hey guys, if you're really interested in a back plow there are places in Grand Rapids, Mi that fab up some pretty amazing ones.. If you just want a simple one you can take a look at these: http://www.bb-truck.com/ it's under the snowplows section then quick hitch real plow. Or Ebling and Sons in Grand Rapids: http://eblingandson.com I don't know how anyone could plow without these back plows, most of the time the back plow is used a lot more than the front! If you have any questions let me know!