1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Red Neck Plows??? Seen one??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FisherVMan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

This is the absolute truth . Two weeks ago as I past thru the town of Carrol Maine we where getting about a foot of wet snow . I saw a guy with a pickup truck what looked like plowing his yard?? I slowed down and he was in the truck and had his son keep putting a sheet of 3/4 plywood in front of the bumper, he had some kinda rod sticking out thru the grill that went thru the plywood and what looked like a huge wing nut to hold it from moving forward when he pushed against it; as he would push with it [as best her could and the boy would run and help] then he would back up and the kid would drag the plywood back and he would try again. I realize the truck manufactures dont want any weight on the front of new pickups but is this carrying it tooooooooo far????: I did NOT have my camera or it would certainly be posted on YOUTUBE right now!!!!!!! jester:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I really wish I had seen that.
  3. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Well it was pretty funny ......................... and I wont be one bit surprised if someone brings up the fact that by todays standards with truck companys that the sheet of plywood is probably too heavy for a 1/2 ton and they would certainly recomend nothing but a 3/4 ton and that plywood is way to heavy and will most certainly void his warantee :dizzy:
  4. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

This here is a beast! :laughing:

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

maybe he wanted to mow his grass,

yes, but it was on mythbusters
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  6. xll_VIPER_llx

7. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

some of the best inventors are form northern maine hahaha
  8. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

didnt have your phone...? that would've been a classic:..nod:
  9. procut

procut Senior Member

About a month ago, a guy had a '87 Honda Civic with a plow on it for sale on craigslist. He refered to it as a "Plow Car" and said it worked as long as you had less than like 5" of snow or something. As I recall he wanted 700 bucks for it, almost would have been worth buying for the conversation piece.
  10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

would you count a lincoln town car with a meyer on it redneck or stupid?
  11. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Reminds me of a friend that bolted a peice of plywood to the bumper of his VW bug. Worked better then expected............lol
  12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Whatever gets the job done.... :D

There's a farmer around here with a loader tractor... think its an old school Fendt. He made up some framework about 10' wide out of 2x4s, filled in with 3/4" plywood. Made himself a snow pusher for probably $100. Thats what he uses to plow out his gravel driveway... :p
  13. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

ill dig up some pics, ive seen everything in nj, not nealy this bad, but small suvs/trucks, ancient plows, rigged up junk, falling apart stuff/trucks/equipt. etc.
  14. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I've seen an old ranger with a 55 gallon drum cut in half lengthwise with the 2 halves sitting next to each other bolted to the bumper. He did do a nice job painting it yellow though.
  15. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa8kGz1Sso&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa8kGz1Sso&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

here ya you this guy has a table top tied to the front of his bumper
  16. xll_VIPER_llx

must suck not being able to lift it and drag all the snow back in :laughing:
  17. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I bet the table went back in the kitchen when he was done:laughing:
  18. xll_VIPER_llx

If you put your kitchen table back in the kitchen when your done plowin with it,,,,,,, you must be a redneck :laughing::laughing: