1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

red light blinking on controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by edgewaterapts, Jan 10, 2014.

1. edgewaterapts

edgewaterapts Junior Member

A red light blinked on my controller yesterday and I thought nothing of it. Today I can't get my straight blade plow to move because I can't get my controller to turn on. Is the circuit board on my controller fried. What did the red blinking light mean? It did not blink green to red, just red.
  2. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

Bad connection at the front? Check all the connections and throw some dialectic grease in there
  3. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Mine does it too, but when it goes into "sleep" mode and doesn't move the plow. After 20-30min of not being used it goes to sleep and blinks red. All I had to do was turn the controller off then back on.
  4. edgewaterapts

connections are all clean and tight. don't think that is it.
  5. edgewaterapts

I have tried turning it off and back on
  6. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

It has been a long time since I had a straight blade, but Don't you have a wire that goes to the fuse box that is supposed to be on a "keyed" fuse? You may want to check that to make sure it didn't wiggle out or the fuse blown.
  7. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

There may be an issue with one of the connections you can't see. Are any of them green looking?