1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recurring dash light issue

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by forestfireguy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We have an 06 f350 diesel which despite draining the plug 5 times has water in fuel light on, each time I cannot get any noticeable water out of it. What do you guys think??? We use the same fuel for all 7 trucks and this one is the only one with this issue.
  2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I've been wondering the same thing. I've got a 05 F 550 and everytime that I go out to plow my light comes on also. Tried to drain the water out and there was none. I run the same fuel in four other trucks and machines and don't have a problem with them. Is the sensor in the fuel filter to sensitive? If I am just salting than the light stays off.

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I believe there is and updated water seperator for these trucks. Covered under Ford warrenty.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

DeVries, now there's a good Dutch name.

There's a TSB out for this issue on some of the Ford's. Do a Google for intellidog and you'll be able to find it. Something about a faulty sensor, IIRC.
  5. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Mark - if it is who I think, he's an ideal candidate for our club.