1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recovery Hooks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NH-Dave, Jan 27, 2009.

1. First time poster.
    Just recently I had a Fisher 8ft plow attached to my Chevy 2500HD.
    Doing so, you lose the recovery hooks in the front.
    Does any one know if there is something I can install in the snow plow mounting hardware to be able to use them during the off season?

2. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

you could get a clevis or bolt hooks to the push plates.
  3. Mayosnowfish

Mayosnowfish Junior Member

What year 2500hd do you have?

I have a 04' 2500HD with a 8' HD Fisher set-up that I was able to use the tow hook assembly as the backer. I needed to get some longer metric bolts to attach the truckside mount to the frame. The bolts thread into the tow hook assembly. I takes a little wrestling with but can be done! To be safe I used plenty of loctite thread locker during final assembly. Its been on the truck for a year and no issues.
  4. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Just get a shackle that fits through the push plate hole.
  5. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

I have seen people doing clevis/ shackles, what have you, but I was also told it is not recommended at all
  6. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

my boss on an 01' gmc 2500hd was some how able to keep them both on at the same time, they angle upwards but there still on there when the plow is on
  7. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

I did the same , think it stiffens the frame better , plus you have the hooks.
  8. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Sounds like your installers got lazy, I would go back to them...