1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

records and time (older owners)

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by fernalddude, Oct 13, 2005.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok gang have been reading some post on record keeping for some time and for us older guys (grrrrrrrrrrrr) who has the oldest records out there mine date back to the real floppy disk an my c-64 comp and before that they had paper. Some talk about day one startime as mid 90's WOW i still think i have some hand bills around here in the office with carbon paper:cry: I keep up to date tech stuff in my rigs but what would they do if the tech stuff craped out :confused: Give me a pre electonics rig and a noreastern storm and no quicky-24 hour-marts and lets see who can roll with the storm (LOL) Just Having Some Fun guys love the tech stuff now its to easy to plan how you attack the storm and as for the records i still have the floppy's :waving: :waving:
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I don't have floppies anymore. The trouble with them is now I don't have anything with a floppy drive. About 15 years ago, I rented a Brother work processor to type up some relatively important stuff not realizng it wasn't compatable with other computers.:cry:
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have some contracts from the late 70's. Does this count?

Still have many of these customers as well.
  4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

My wife and I each carry a "log book". It has about 1/2 page info to fill out on each account. It takes about 5 minutes. It asks everything from time started/stopped, to temperature, to obsticals. I then take the books into the office when we are done with a snow event and enter the info into the computer for billing purposes. It works really well when a customer calls and questions a particular snow event on a particular date. When we get done reading the log on their account they usually don't have any more fight left in them.