1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reconditioning Work Boot

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by StoneDevil, Feb 29, 2008.

1. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

well i decided to clean and recondition my work boots with FF

FFboots1.jpg

FFboots2.jpg

2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

25 views and not one comment

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

It seems to me you just made a mess of your boots. The FF may loosen them up but it can't waterproof them. I have a pair of Rockys that look like your after 2 years of wear. Im ready to clean them and re waterproof them. Let us know how this little test went.

Regards Mike

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

cant be good for the boots.

personnally i would use a natural leather cleaner and then to waterproof beezwax and an oven. works great!

5. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Fluid Film is an natural product isn't it? It's made from LANOLIN and that's from sheep's wool...I would think it would work great as a waterproofer/conditioner...:rolleyes:

6. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Well i did this mostly to see how soft the boots feel after the FF treatment. after the application i took a paint brush and worked the FF in to the boot, i let them sit for 24hrs and wiped the excess off as far as the FF water proofing the boots that was a non issue. one pair being RedWings arent waterproof to begin with and the other make i forget at this time both boots are 1 year old and see alot of mud (surveyor).oh they are soft

7. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Hey, cool pics! I've heard many testimonials over the years concerning Fluid Film's effectiveness on work boots.

Thanks!

8. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

update

i have a pic that i will have to upload tonight that shows water beading and a short video also. but i have ti do some field work here after lunch i will get a muddy boot shot plus what it looks like after hosing it off.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking it would work great for breaking in baseball\softball gloves too.

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

yes it would be good for baseball/softball gloves for as u see the leather is softer now..

11. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care Junior Member
    from vermont

I used ff on an old dried out pair of buckskin mittens and they are as soft as ever. I wiped off the excess with paper towels. I've never used a leather conditioner that kept the leather as moist feeling. I'm going to try it out on my boots too. They are Gortex workboots like the ones in the pictures above.

12. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

well i log in a lot of miles on these boots so far and there holding up pretty good FF has done its job and yes these boots are still waterproof and they breathe fine being gortex lined

13. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

:D I knew it!

14. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care Junior Member
    from vermont

Boots with fluid film

I'm new to uploading photos, but here are some pics of my boots, before, during and after applying fluid film. I sprayed my baseball glove months ago and it is still moist. (I wiped the boots off again with a towel after this photo was taken.) They look great and feel more comfortable, believe it or not.

boots resized.jpg

boots resized after.jpg

boots wiped off.jpg