1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recon Strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JimboS, Feb 20, 2010.

1. JimboS

JimboS Junior Member

Does anyone use the Recon Strobes? I was looking at either the Recon or Whelen 90 watt strobes. Also, does the area for the strobes have to be completely flat? The reason I ask is because the Whelen 90 watts have a flange that has to be screwed in and I'm not sure I will have a flat area wide enough for the flange.

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

you can get the push in rubber grommet type that don't get screwed in but from what i understand most use the screw in flange type.

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Recon buys those from some other manufacturer. I think SVP, I forget now. If you are going to be using the strobes for any length of time, like plowing all night, go with SoundOff. The Whelen power supplies are loud, but the SOS ones are nice and quiet.

http://safetylightingandequipment.com/value-packages

4. JimboS

JimboS Junior Member

Where is the best place to purchase the Sound Off strobes? I want to install them in the rear amber light and with the drl's on a 2000 Silverado,however I don't think the area where they will have to go is perfectly flat, will the flange type tubes work or do I have to use push in's? Thanks to any replies.

5. SafetyLighting

Well, I offer PlowSite members some pretty good pricing. As for the install, go with push-ins and run a bead of silicone around the hole to secure and seal them.

6. JimboS

JimboS Junior Member

How much for the SoundOff Galileo 90 Watt Hide A Way Strobe System with push ins?

7. SafetyLighting

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

recon is junk

9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Agreed... Get something that won't burn out in a matter of months!

10. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Iv had mine for a year and used them a lot. Zero problems and the controller is great. Down sides: One length cables, need to have options and I could only get screw in type.

11. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

You have some great prices, when I look into some new ones for the new truck, Ill try your site!!!

12. SafetyLighting

Thanks. Let me know.