1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RECON 90-Watt CLEAR Strobe Light Kit... anyone?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by IC-Smoke, Sep 22, 2008.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Anyone have the RECON strobe light kit?

Recon Accessories: Part # 26419 - 90-Watt CLEAR Strobe Light Kit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just ordered the setup
    Thanks
    Ian

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I was gonna say don't waste your money and when for that price you can get the same setup with Whelen products and a strobesn'more plug and play switch panel.....but oops I guess its too late seeing as you posted, after you ordered it. :rolleyes:

The strobe tubes in that kit are very low quality, the plastic bases are inferior, and the tube itself is shorter than usual, so you won't have as much bulb in the actual housing to reflect and produce light.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I didnt pay that price!! I went thru a vendor an paid well under what they are asking!!

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Ive never gotten those but i have gotten some other recon products and they have all been very good quality.

5. BlueLine Ent

Well then fair enough. Not a bad deal then, but keep an eye on those bases.

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Any idea if a Whelen bulb will work with the RECON wiring?

7. BlueLine Ent

Most likely, just make sure the wires are in the same order in the plug. Red-Black-White

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks Blueline!

9. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the whelen pack will make these tubes to have a verry short life

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

thats not a whelen pack.

I think its able 2. I see them all over the net rebranded as everyones private label so who really knows what brand it is

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

it's my private brand...don;t tell anyone

can you say old sho-me stock?

12. Mike - Tac 2

Mike - Tac 2 Member

That is an AXIXTECH strobe supply in that kit. Been around for years. Very good quality if they are using AXIXTECH strobe tubes. There is a good chance that they may not be. The control switch is also AXIXTECH and has been around for a long time. RECON is far from an industry first.

13. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

alright strobe guys.... anyone put them in a 06/07/08 Ram headlight? Im thinking of the turn signal bucket but Im not sure Ill have enough room. OR if I should put the strobe to the inside (twords the hood) or out near the fender?

Thanks
    Ian

14. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

how much did you end up paying for them i hope you didnt pay the price on the site