1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommended spare plow parts 2 carry?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 440trk, Dec 4, 2003.

1. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

What spare plow parts do you folks keep in the truck (pump fluid, solenoids, hose..etc...)

This is my first year doing commercial plowing, and I'm just trying to be prepared. I'm also curious what other extras everyone carries with them.

Mike (440trk)
  2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

coffee, 2 pack's of camels, coffee, extra bic lighter, coffee,a good mixed cd , and dont forget coffee
  3. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Hmmm... could you please be a little more specific. I'm not sure if I should take Coffee along or not. :drink up: :)
  4. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

Coffee? I'll take a large, thanks

The spares really depend on the condition/age of your equipment. Fluid and FUNNEL or spout is a must Carry a jack so you can lift the plow to lock it with the safety chain incase of massive leak or failure.

Basic tools that can repair stuff until you get it to a shop.

After all that 2 or 3 quarts of coffee, extra butts and whatever else lights your fire. And don't forget the _ _ _ _ _ _!!!!
  5. yellowpoly

yellowpoly Junior Member

Fluid, extra pin, starter soleniod, chain, coupler fitings, elbows, and a $20 bill or phone card