1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommended Plow For A 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Durmax

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Darafayen, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

Hey guys, new to the site just curious if i could get some input on which plows people think are the best and what would be a good plow for my 2008 gmc sierra 2500 duramax crew cab long box. any input would be great, thanks guys.
  2. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Id buy a 8.5ft boss or western
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

its going to depend on how important your warranty is to you.

if you don't mind loosing it, go for an 8.5 western.
  4. nekos

nekos Senior Member

the best plow is the one you can get parts for at 4:00 am. other then that they all are basically the same. unless you need a specific plow or feature you should look more at the dealer selling you the plow then the plow itself.
  5. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

If I was buying one I would go for an 8.2 VXT Boss. I wish a hundred times over I would have bought one when I bought my 8' SD Boss.
  6. michdeere

michdeere Member

I hung an 8.5' Western MVP on my 2008 2500 LMM. Added Timbrens to the front end and couldn't be happier.
  7. Lawnscape PM

Lawnscape PM Junior Member

I'd get one with with a new Ford F350 behind it instead :p

Sounds like a long truck. A V- Blade might help out with the manuvering. I switched from Western to Fisher Extreme Vs this year. They are heavy but they move quick. Good point about the warranty or easy fix comment tho. Get whatever you can fix quick at 4AM!! Golden advice.
  8. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Same truck as you pretty much and have a 8.5 fisher V. Works great. Front sags a tad bit though.
  9. Figueiredo

Figueiredo Junior Member

I would go with a 9 foot Fisher X Blade or the new xls series