1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommended locations

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by oldsw-31, Dec 29, 2005.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Where are you guys locating the module and relay. also are you hooking it directly up to the second battery?

05 2500HD

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Be a little more specific. Which relay and module for which type of setup?
    My solenoid is screwed into the side of my under hood fusebox and the module sits right on top of it.

3. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

my bad

I got a fisher MM2 and I was wondering as to where would be the best location to mount the isolation module and the solienoid

4. twodan

twodan Member

module

fisher installers mounted mine on top of the primary battery. the hold down bracket keeps it in place.

5. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Today I started to put this thing together. the push plates went on real easy. I ended up using 3 washers for a spacers on both plates in the front outer hole locations. the inner 2 bolts just bolted it down . I also still have my tow hooks on. The solenoid I mounted on the same stud the the axu battery one is
    located on. Did you know that GM uses the same brand? just a different plug Fabricated a bracket under the drivers side fender brace. that mounted to the existing studs that the CC module is located and mounted the module I was told there was a gromet already in the firewall but it wasnt on mine. there was a dimple. so that made it easy to get is started. ok now
    I got 1 ? seeing that this is a 3 plug system and 2 of the plugs need to be pluged into each other when the plow is not on there. did you just leave them in the bumper area?

6. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I psted these before.. here..
    Iso module on left side of fan shroud. can kind of see it in pic. solenoid on alternator bracket. used alternator mounting bolt as ground also. i got power out of the little red box.

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

solenoid mount

8. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member