1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bwlpm, Mar 12, 2015.

what to do

Poll closed Apr 11, 2015.
  1. Straight Blade

0 vote(s)
  2. Expandable Blade

3 vote(s)
  3. V-Plow

9 vote(s)
  4. V-Box

0 vote(s)
  5. Replacement Tailgate

0 vote(s)
  6. Under Tailgate

0 vote(s)
  7. Western

4 vote(s)
  8. Snow Dogg

1 vote(s)
  9. Meyers

0 vote(s)
  10. Boss

8 vote(s)
  1. bwlpm

bwlpm Junior Member

I'm currently in the process of buying a 2004 f350 dually mason dump, 4x4, 5.4 liter, automatic and plan on setting it up for the 2015-16 and beyond snow season. So my question to everyone is, what plow ( straight, expandable, v-plow ) what brand ( I have snow dogg, western, boss, Meyers dealers in my area ) and your pros and cons. also I want to set it up for bulk salt so what salter ( v-box, replacement tailgate, under tailgate) what brand. I have no central hydraulics so I would all have to be electrical. I have some residential driveways, and the majority of the rest are small to medium commercial lots. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
  2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Boss 9' 2" DXT and a Boss VBox.
  3. loyjms

loyjms Member

Boss no question, and your going to want a V for sure. And second the Boss Box But be careful of size, those 5.4's are gutless when it comes to torque.
  4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I second Beanz27 choice