1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mega10cab, Feb 3, 2014.

1. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Between browsing this forum and online I need the PS consensus. I'm looking to purchase a snow deflector, curb guards and a emergency repair kit for my boss 8' super duty straight blade. I've found a universal deflector and Emer kit from JThomas. Price is right, but are these universal kits fine? And is this a good company to purchase from. I'm having trouble finding curb guards though. Boss wants too much money. How do I know what universal guards will fit and where to buy from? Thanks

Jamie

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I don't use curb guards

Some universal deflectors you have to weld brackets on to hold them. Not sure if boss has bolt on ones.

We use rubber plastic always breaks lol

Angloes, esi, and central parts have everything

3. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Haha, definitely looking for a drill and bolt on deflector. My big county lot has a good bit of curbs, just figured having the guards would be less chance if the plow catching a grove and damaging anything. But after the last storm, which was the most amazing powder snow I've seen, it was hell trying to keep the snow from flying over the windshield.

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

When doing curbs I'll only do them to the left side. So I can look out window and follow the curb. I don't bother clearing them cleanly until then storms over.

Sometimes I'll raise plow an inch or two and make a pass. Then drop it all the way and pass again. It helps the spill out over the curb

5. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Well I went ahead and ordered the deflector and emergency kit from JThomas.

Still not sure about curb guards. I personally think they would be nice to have but I've read mixed reviews online. Plus located some seems difficult for me hah.