1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend some back up lights for me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I always ran the 3,000 candle power 3 or 4" halogen tractor lights but never thought they were really worth the time to hook them up. I have a brand new plower in one of our trucks so I kind of want to have a bit more rear lighting. I saw the SoundOff LED's but with the money we've spent in the past month and still needing 4 tires on one truck I don't like the idea of 140 bucks a light. Anyone know of another (not so nice) led thats going to be brighter than these pathetic halogens?

2. Brian Young

Wow a question about lights and no responses.

3. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I'm actually going to be installing a set of Hella Micro FF fog lights on the rear as soon as my aftermarket bumber arrives.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have the soundoff leds and they are great. I was upgraded to the 1400 when they did not have the 1000 in stock. Very bright. I also have a new guy driving a truck that has been out of the game for awhile and these are going on his for sure and he is staying in open lots the first few storms.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

6. plowinli

plowinli Member

7. Brian Young

Thanks for the link, i really appreciate it! I'm going to give them a try. For 40 bucks they seem pretty sturdy- aluminum housing, waterproof and stainless steel mounting hardware.

8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I was gonna suggest the exact smae ones!
    putting in my order for a few sets today

9. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

I gut em! So far so good,though they haven't been through a winter yet.They produce a nice bright white light.
    I am all for buying American also;most of my stuff is.But...those KC lights will put ya in the poor house!

10. Brian Young

Just ordered a pair to check out. How much brighter are they compared to say a 50 watt halogen?

11. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

12. Brian Young

Thanks for the link. I think I'll be very happy with them, if all goes well with these two I will outfit my other truck and front loader. I don't really need them on the skid but for the price another light here or there I can find a space on it.

13. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

80 bucks on Amazon with no tax and free shipping? Poor house?

http://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLiTES-517-55-Watt-Halogen/dp/B0002GXOBY

14. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

15. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I have two mounted on the front of my dump. Very white, very bright. The light has a very wide angle, definitely a flood light.

16. Red Bull Junkie

Red Bull Junkie Senior Member

You guys just saved me a bunch of cash....I ordered three of the 116mm floods after reading over some threads on DDM. Thanks fellaspayup