1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a Honda HS520 replacement

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by chefwong, Oct 20, 2010.

1. chefwong

chefwong Junior Member

The HS520 worked fine for my needs....typical Northeast NYC snow...
    It's mainly used for the front of my house sidewalk and out backyard/driveway....

I like the machine due to it's size- space out here is a premium...
    I knew purchasing it, it was a single stage.
    The unit works great except when the fact that I live on the right side of the street and the snowplows ONLY plow the right and I am constantly getting plowed in.

So it's got me looking at a Ariens ST26 or a Honda/Toro equivalent.
    Something smaller in footprint is more preferred over a big beastly dual stage .

Thoughs, suggestions
  2. EastCoast

EastCoast Junior Member

I would stage with the Honda line of snowblowers, HS724 would be a good option for you, wheel or track version.

Snow would not be an issue.
  3. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

Ditto, Honda commands a higher price but, You get what You pay for. I'd buy another Honda in a heartbeat.
    My HS 520 has been good to me too. I also have a Toro 826 that is the back up to my Cub mtd on the front of my 3205 tractor. And then there's the Fisher on the truck.
  4. Subseven

Subseven Member

Same here Mike. We use them too. Love the little Hondas.