1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

recommend good all season tires????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by quincy33, Feb 13, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Can anyone recommend good all season tires for my 93 6.5 TD, i think size is 265-75-16?? I heard yokohama Geolanders and BF goodrich are good all season???

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I had yoko geolander II's(make sure they are the 2's and they were great for a AT tire. did realy well in wet/dry and snow, mud was ok but I am used to a real mud tire. I have the Dunlop radial rover RT's and like em quite a bit. BFG's are expensive and owned by the french so I have never bought a set but hear good things of them.

Yokos and the current dunlops are 265 75 r16 flavor BTW

3. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

thanks, i didn't know there was a geolander II, also, i have Cooper winter tires on my 2wd chevy, best winter tire i've ever had, don't know about an all season with them?

4. ratlover

from IL

never tried cooper tires but have heard many good things about em.

I think the regular geolander is what comes on the montero or something. All I know is I had the geolander +II(is what I think they actually were) and they did very well in the snow/rain for a compromise type tire. Rode well and handled well. Same thing for the Dunlops I have.....I like them quite a bit and they go like heck in the snow.

I wanted to run a deticated summer/winter tire set up and may when I buy some new rims but I couldnt justify the cost now. For winter treads I will probably go with the coopers and for summer I might go with the dunlop or goodyear MT's(mostly for looks if I can be convinced that they will have OK road manners) since I probably wont go with interco since they are a bit to aggressive for my needs. If the MT's arnt going to be calm enough on the road I will probably go with the dunlops I have again.

I run 265 75 r 16s now but want to go a bit bigger in the summer with 255 85's(I think is the size) and a bit narrower in the winter with 235 85(that size sound right?) All those freaking #'s whats wrong with all the manufacturers making sizes that are easy to figure out??? whats wrong with a 31x10.5??? All this aspect ratio and all that....I suck at math :gunsfiring:

5. ratlover

from IL

oh......remember the load rating......dont know if you are running a spreader or what. I cant remember what the geolanders were since I had a 97z71 and didnt care about load ratings for it....

6. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I'm running 235/85 -16 Continentals on all my trucks now load range E. Quiet, good wear and never had problems with traction in snow. Plus it is standard equipment on Mercedes. cost 110 each mounted and balanced

7. towman

towman Member

the cooper m-s is an awsome snow and ice tire, they beat the goodrich at hands down in the snow, i run those in the winter and the cooper s-t in the summer, they are a pretty agressive looking mud tire with good road manners also