1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

recommend an Electric Stainless Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SD-Dave, Oct 6, 2006.

1. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a spreader...

Ideally following

Stainless hopper or possibly poly with metal base

Electric driven, but must have an auger or conveyor...vibrators don;t work

capacity 1.5 - 2 yds.

price give estimated best price cash/carry

Thanks

SD-Dave

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Snoway.

I just picked up an electric 6ft stainless modelr for $2950.

3. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

I use a Sno-Way stainless, electric spreader and I've been very happy with it so far. I only have the 6' model, but put 12" extensions on the side to increase capacity. I can get 2,000 pounds easily into it now. I do know they make 8' spreaders as well. Mine cost me around $4000 installed, but I also had some LED lights installed into the motor cover as well when it was installed. Hope this helps a little. Where in VT are you?

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I got mine in Vermont, South Main Auto in ST Johnsbury. Well worth the trip to save over $1500.

5. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

All Electric Stainless Steel Spreaders

Since your spreader is only as good as the controller that drives it my money is on Smith Metal Works of Newark. Make sure you get one of the units being built this year with an Omega motor controller by Karrier Company. The controllers are simply the best and this year Smith spreaders are 100% Omega from their smallest spreader with either an Omega 1030 or 1050 to their new medium duty spreader with the Omega 2170. Call Smith before you buy from anyone and find one of their dealers; 315-331-1651, Tell them I sent you.

Bob Church
    President,
    Karrier Company

6. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Bob

thanks for the advice...I ordered a 8' Smith Spreader today...stainless/electric.

Will be mounting it in an A-Frame for easy connection to my truck via Stellar Hooklift system. No binding straps, no chains lift on lift off and only have to upplug connection manually.

SD-Dave

7. tommytoolaholic

tommytoolaholic Junior Member

out of curiousity, where did you buy the spreader

8. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Flipper, I picked one up from them as well. 2750 for a brand new unit. I guess the markup is pretty good. Should arrive this week.