1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend an economical strobe beacon for me

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Aveerainc, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I've decided to make a mount for my Jeep Wrangler to accommodate an amber LED beacon. I need it to be visible during the day and would like to find something reasonably priced. I've searched google and come up with many choices but it's tough to tell what will be visible during the day - what are your suggestions?
  2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Depends on what you want LED or Halogen... If your under a tight budget look into a Whelen Cadet or something of that fashion. Those run in the $50 range and are great little lights.

Good luck on your search!
  3. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Thanks for the suggestion - it probably does not matter if its LED or Halogen given I only plow my own driveway and will not use it often.

I just looked at the Whelen RB6P which looks good too (and brighter than the cadet for not much more $)
  4. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Thanks again - went with the amber Whelen Rotabeam from Strobes N' More.
  5. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

What kind of mount did you finally do? I updated my quickie approach from last year to a bit more durable but still easily removable mount. Seems to hold up well so far.

See my post at:
    Strobe caution lite on fiberglass top??

Bring on the white stuff!
    The snow fence is up and the snow tires are mounted!
  6. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Heavy duty (black) velcro - holds just fine, will give a bit if I hit something without breaking the light (don't ask me how I know) and you don't notice the black velcro when the light is not mounted.