1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 17, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought a new 04 Dodge Ram 1500 and am thinking about plowing some driveways. I've never plowed before so if you guys can steer me in the right direction I'd apperciate it. I've been looking at boss and Western. I got a quote today for a western installed for $3500 (believe it was a 7'6" plow) is that a good deal? How much should I expect to pay for the different manufactures?

2. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

That would be a good deal in my area. Call several dealers in your area and you'll get an idea if that is reasonable or not.

3. CENTRAL_AUTO_GL

CENTRAL_AUTO_GL Junior Member

4. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

what dealer is the closest, start there.

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Go with a BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't go wrong!!!!!!! :waving:

6. DaySpring Services

There's a dealer 5 mins away from my house. (where I got the quote) They carry Boss, Western, and I believe Fisher and Meyer.

7. DaySpring Services

About how much would a Blizzard 760 run?

8. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

plow set up

If you have a boss dealer near you I highly recomend the boss 7.6. Probably about 3700.00 but worth the extra $.