1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend A new Starter for my Ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MatthewG, Sep 20, 2012.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Any recommendations for a new starter for my 2000 Powerstroke?

What have you used before new or reman?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well your old one lasted 10 yrs ,go to the dealer and pick up a new one. I'm sure you don't want to keep monkeying around will remans.

3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

a gear reduction starter, check ebay

4. MatthewG

Whats that fuzzy math???

Try 12 years

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

sorryThumbs Up

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A more expensive rebuilt should be more then enough. I have never had a Power Stroke starter fail on me. I have driven the ambulances since Diesels have been put in them. I hear good things about NAPA starters from guys I know that have Diesels.

7. MatthewG

My dad just put in a new carquest, his crapped out in his 02 V10. Mine really is fine, but I figure with 2 new interstate batteries and a new starter, its cheap insurance to make sure my main money maker starts up this year every-time

8. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I replaced a 2000 stroker starter with a napa rebuild last year. No problems.