1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

recomended equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fry, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry Junior Member
    from Midwest

I am also going to be purchasing some new equipment and wondered if I could get some feedback concerning two brands. The two brands in question are Snowway and Meyer, Interested in what you guys have to say, thanks Frank

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

I OWN 2 MYER THAT HAVE BEEN VERY RELIABLE GREAT DEALER SUPPORT DONT SEE MANY SNO WAYS. FIND OUT WHAT BRANDS ARE SOLD LOCALLY THAT WAY IF YOU NEED PARTS IN A HURRY
    THEY LL BE AVAILABLE

CARDOCTOR

TRUCKS FIXED TIME FOR MORE SNOW

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I can't say anything about snowway because i don't have one .But i do have the sister plow to meyer and that is a diamond, the blade on the diamond is great nice curve on it the motors and frame mounts are the same on both .So it's just a matter of the blade.

4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

our fleet is mostly diamond and meyers. on our 80's and early 90's trucks were equipped with the meyers.

Around 96 we started putting diamond on the trucks.

Diamond and Meyer are "one company". On our 2002 the frame and subframe are labeled Meyer MDII, although their is considerable difference between the blades, meyer is a trip blade and diamond is a trip edge. diamonds are also beefier blades.

since we run many plows we know the ins and outs of the pumps and have spare parts on hand, so we are able to keep the plows up and running. howeverf the pump system is easy to diagnose and fix.

like carddoctor said, go with the plow that has the better dealer, one with parts, knowledge and open or on call during storms.

5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I believe on the MD II system the frame kit for meyer and diamond are the exact same. While on the pull away system the diamond frame was much stronger.

Geoff