1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

recomendations Please

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by packey, Dec 27, 2007.

1. packey

packey Member

I am putting to gether a new truck for next year. It is an 84 dodge w350 crew cab with 4.11 gears a 4spd tranny backing a 440 v8. I am tring to figure out what would be the best plow set up for this truck. I am thinking I want a v plow and I want as large of a plow as I can run. maybe a 9 2 boss If anyone has any recomendations I would appreciate it greatly. also any recomendations for the electrical system and chargeing system would be good as well. I will be running dual batteries with 2 gauge cables, a 200amp altenator with upgraded wirring and an accel ignition coil and Holy 4d pro jection unit

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

that sounds like u pretty much have it all settled. i am not a Vplow person i like the blizzard with the speed wings or even the western wideout. just make sure u have enough cooling surface and a good tranny cooler. is it a short bed or long bed?

3. packey

packey Member

I am useing a large 4 core radiator . What is the advantage of useing a snoway with the wings as opposed to a v plow. I am wanting suggestions because the plow setup is what I know the least about. I currently use a western straight blade on my 72 and I get so annoyed with the amount of trail off from the ploww. I know that wings would help but I am going a little different direction as said earlier and I am setting up my crew cab for my primary plow. Most of my plowing is parking lots for apartments and condos. But I also have a few residential drives that are quite long. I hope next season to add to the commercial accounts and have a second driver. he will run my old truck while I run the new one. This will be good if this happens because I will be able to have one full time year round employee.

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

they each have there good and there bads. a couple guys on her have wings on there v plows. the longer the wheelbase of the truck the bigger the blade u want. so when u turn the back tire stays in the cleand area. having a huge plow might save u some time but if u cant get it in tight spaces those ull have to shovel or leave which looks bad if u leave it and shoveling takes time. i am a straight balde person because there is alot less parts to break. simplicty in a snow storm is never a bad idea cause when ur going for days with out sleep everything gets harder