1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recomendation on some up grades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ih82plow, Dec 25, 2003.

1. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

I actually found this site by accident while searching the web for some up grades

My rig is a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with a 7'6" Western Pro Plow with a western 500 salt spreader

I use this to only do my Companies lot and some rental properties I own.

Some of the things I am looking for

1-I was wondering if there is a set of adjustable air bags for the front of this truck,I have adjusted my torsion bars to raise the front back up slightly when the plows on but I would like to be able to level it out more.

2-I am looking for an on line place to purchase one of the variable speed controllers for my spreader.

3-I am looking to see if there are adjustable wings or Shields for the spreader both the 2&3 request are to be able to better control the flow or spread of salt.This unit really fling's the material.But the problem is when I am salting my loading docks I am afraid I am wasting material and getting it on my lawn

4-I am also looking for a Wing to put on the sides of the plow.Something that is light in weight and once installed easy to get on and off.I don't need the wings to add extra width but I want them to act more as a pusher or scoop.I have some real long pushes in one gate then out the other I would save myself allot of time if I could scoop it out. Originally I was going to get a V set up to use as a scoop and decided against it because of the added weight and expense.

5- never knew there was a special back blade cutting edge.Do they work?do you advise for them.I have a a bit of an area that I have to back blade away from the building's fire zones and Some time my plow just never bites in it seems to just get up on top of the snow.One area by the loading docks actually have gravel for the first 15 or 20 feet away from the building will the back blade edge be a mistake to use in this area

6-lastly anybody know of a good light upgrade for my wester light or better bulbs.They are OK But I wish I had a tad more brightness or a better spread to light up an area.I have a set of kc rear flood that I love they just light up the rear of the truck perfectly Just wondering what you guys think on this

Also any suggestions or links to where I might find this stuff
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can try cpw or angelos.com they have lots of stuff your looking for
  3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I cranked my torsion bars on my 97 chev up 5 turns and carry a Blizzard 810 ( 950 lbs ) Handles great and rides nice. Could go higher but don't need to. You should be able to do the same. If not check torsion bars for being broken. I'll leave some of the other stuff for other people. Just punch in tittle. example salt spreaders and it will list lots on the internet.