1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recent Plow Installation on the 1989 Yota

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by yotaplow9, Mar 3, 2009.

1. yotaplow9

yotaplow9 Junior Member

Just put a 6.5ft Meyer setup on the 1989 Toyota pickup. Only got to push 4" of snow once, but it worked good. Running the slick stick control mounted to the shifter (its a 5 speed), and an E60 pump. Did an oil change first thing on the pump- it seriously had a 1/4 quart of water in it! Anyways the slick stick controller seems touchy- sometimes it doesnt exactly do the right thing (ex: raise sometimes angles the blade). Anybody else have problems? As far as I know all connections are clean, dry, and good. Tried to post a pic but the site would not let me since it is posted on the last page of the truck pics thread.

2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

www.centralparts.com has Meyer repair manuals online, PDF. They have a really good, if complicated, flow chart that is exactly what you are looking for. I cannot remember if it is under literature or troubleshooting or what, but you'll find it.

3. yotaplow9

yotaplow9 Junior Member

Thanks I'll check it out.