1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Receiver tube on the plow frame

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by 00 Ram, Sep 26, 2013.

1. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

I'd like to have a front receiver on my new-to-me curtis-equipped Jeep. Problem is, of course, the plow frame is mounted right where a receiver hitch would go. It looks to me like the cross member on the plow frame is plenty stout. Anyone think it would be a problem to weld a receiver tube to it? It doesn't look to me like there would be any interference from the plow--its all way out front, and the bar where the plow hooks on is way above the plane of this cross bar.
  2. wva

wva Member

I have a Meyers plow on my '89 Gmc and I welded a 2" receiver tube to it worked out great. No interference at all. I keep the ball in it great to hookup or for chain or winch