1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Receiver Spreader Color Change

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by toby4492, Oct 26, 2008.

1. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

We have recently changed the color scheme on our 4, 6, and 9 cu. ft receiver spreaders. Units that are now shipping to distributors and retailers will be these colors. Here is a pic.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I like it.

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

They look good in person too.

I meant to ask at GIE, whats the white thing by spinner for?

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Looks a lot better!

5. toby4492

Doug,

That is our patented dual paddle system that we have on our receiver spreaders. It allows for positive shut off of material flow as well as setting up into different positions to allow for control of where the salt is dropped on the spinner to control the spread pattern.

You can direct from a full 180 degree spread or have the material directed so it is thrown at 90 degree angles either left or right.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Toby what is the biggest receiver spreader you have and how much does it go for if possible? I dont know of any dealer real close to me. Thanks

7. toby4492

The largest receiver spreader we make is 9 cubic foot. Here is link to some spec info on them. http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/viewSeries/type/Spreader/cat/15

Pricing you would need to get through a retailer. Here is a link where you can find CT retailer information, http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/findDealer

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

It sounds much cooler when you say its patented!

Thats pretty cool though!

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Wow, that thing is eye-catching!! Wonder what my dealer has? Guess I'll have to go find out. I still am partial to the grey/black though, it would match my my steel blade setup much better.lol

PS - Hey Tom, I notice that unit has the roller on it. Is that standard on the 6 & 9 cubic footers now? If so, that just made my day!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

just put one on a customers truck a couple weeks ago... they look sharp!

11. toby4492

Yes the rollers are standard now on all 3 models that we produce.

I always like making people's days better :waving: