1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

recall on trucks?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PremierLand, May 3, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I heard on the news lastnight that there is a recall on some gm trucks and hummers. anyone know about this? if so what models are effected? Its something reguarding brakes i heard.
    Last edited: May 3, 2005
  2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I got this information off of GMInsideNews Forums

1.2M GM Pickups, SUVs Need Brake Check

POSTED: 10:56 am EDT May 3, 2005

WASHINGTON -- The government is investigating the antilock brakes on more than 1.2 million General Motors trucks and SUVs made between 1999 and 2002.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the vehicles include the GMC Sierra, GMC Tahoe, GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Yukon XL, GMC Yukon XL Denali, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Suburban, Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac EXT.

It said stopping distances may increase when the brakes are pumped at low speed because of the build up of corrosion.

The agency said the braking problem is related to nearly two dozen crashes, though none has resulted in deaths. One involved six vehicles and four injuries.

The agency said the U.S. cases "appear to be related to the defect condition addressed by GM's safety recall in Canada."

GM recalled about 150,000 pickups in eastern Canada in November of last year because of the condition in the antilock brakes.

The review covers 21 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, West Virginia. It also covers the District of Columbia.