1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Recall on a 96 GMC JIMMY 4.3L

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by machine, Jan 30, 2001.

1. machine

machine Junior Member

I have been told there is a Recall on the fuel injectors on the 96 GMC 4.3L Vortec from a reliable source. Unfortunately, the untrustworthy dealer is telling me different. Can anyone verify this. Or is there a site that I can find recalls on this vehicle. Thanks
  2. SummitFarmer

SummitFarmer Junior Member

If it's a factory recall you will probably get a notice in the mail telling you what to do. I own a 96 S-10 Blazer and we had a recall on the brake controling software and were notified by GM corporate in the mail. Hope this helps.
  3. 84'GMC4x4

84'GMC4x4 Member

call another dealer and ask if you think your dealer is BS'ing you.
    also GM has a customer service phone line that you can call to find out for sure. i dont know the # but you can get it at GM's website

4. 3/4tonTodd

3/4tonTodd Member

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration web site has a database of recalls. You can look it up by year make and model.

Good luck!

[Edited by 3/4tonTodd on 01-31-2001 at 04:20 PM]